Amazon

Sunday, May 9, 2010

never make important work urgent

Every one of us have some work or the other to do.  The type of work that we do can be classified under four heads.
1.      Work which is not important and not urgent.
2.      Work which is not important but urgent.
3.      Work which is important and not urgent.
4.      Work which is important and urgent.
We will not worry much about work which is not important.  So we are left with work which is important and not urgent and work which is important and urgent.
Wisdom lies in taking care to see that we will never have work which is important and urgent.  If we attend to work which is important and not urgent and regularly, we are not likely to have a work which is important   and urgent.
For example doing exercise is important because it would maintain your health.  But it is not urgent because you can do it in the evening, next day, continuously for some days and skip one or two days.  If you don’t do this work which is important and not urgent, you will get diseases, you will get heart problems and a situation would arise where you have to be taken to hospital which job is urgent and important.
I have given only one example.  We have to take care to see that there shall be no important work which is urgent.



3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a quote I once read in Reader's Digest "If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jogging my memory- it must be "i'm ok, u r ok" right FIL???? This was one of my first "lessons of life" that u taught me!! I can never forget tat! Thank u so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really did not think I could get an article in you blog that I could not disagree. This when practiced, the results could be amazing. Let me try my hand at this.

    ReplyDelete